Thursday, November 13, 2008

Next Parent Connection for November 12

Grapple Question:
Why Do I Get the Blame?

Kids Learn:
They Are Responsible for Themselves

Dig Into the Bible:
Exodus 32:1-6, 19-26; Micah 7:9

It’s very easy for junior highers to point fingers at other people and blame them for how certain things turn out in their lives. "It’s not my fault; my parents raised me this way. I got a bad grade because my teacher didn’t teach that part correctly." It’s even easier when kids hear their parents blaming other people instead of taking some responsibility for their actions. This week try to be especially aware of what you’re saying around your kids and who you’re blaming.

Also, the Middle School Youth lock-in is coming up on November 21-22, 8:00PM-8:00AM. Kids can sign up at the Youth Center or at TLS up until Wednesday, November 19. The cost is $5 per person (bring cash the night of the lock-in. those who paid for the corn maze, which got rained out, last month won’t need to pay) I could use some parent help during the night to ensure that it is as fun and safe as possible for your kids. Please let me know if you would be willing to come in during the night for a couple of hours to help out.

Have a great weekend!

Peter

No comments: